Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Zero Limits

I recently read “Zero Limits” by Joe Vitale and Ihaleakala Hew Len. Dr. Len practices Ho’oponopono and this is what this book talks about. Now what he speaks about is that we are responsible for whatever we are experience in our lives. He suggests to take 100% responsibility of our lives. Now, what I understood by all this reading is that I have to forgive myself rather than getting angry on other people or blaming other people. I think that is the most difficult part. It is so hard to digest that I am the cause of everything happening around me. How can it be? All those people who were mean to me, who hurt me and those people whose reactions I’m gonna experience in my future, are not at fault? I’m the one who is causing all this?

When I watched the interviews of Dr. Len, I realized he is really a simple man armed with an extraordinary tool to vanish all the negativities from our lives. His answer to all question is to say “I love you”. He says whatever we are experience is due to data playing in our memory. One can discontinue this data playing by saying I love you, I am sorry, please forgive me, thank you. Just four sentences and our equation with the outer world will change.

I have experimented with this Ho’oponopono technique in petite things, things of daily routine. It has worked for me. I have seen sudden and miraculous changes in people’s behaviour. But it is difficult for me to keep forgiving myself for whole day’s happenings. I was regular in saying these sentences when I was reading this book, then the practice gradually declined. By the time I write this, I am able to do it only twice a day. I would like to be more regular in it and see what else it can do for me, though, I think this whole practice has a selfish view point where we keep forgiving ourselves for our own benefit, but there is another angle as well, if by forgiving ourselves, we make a change in the other person's behaviour, then it turns out to be completely opposite to selfishness. Well...I am not here to judge when the best thing would be to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment