Friday, October 14, 2011

Bollywood manifestation


Our family extended recently. NO, I wasn’t pregnant and did not give birth. We’ve got a puppy. It’s a Lab. This story is not about him though. What happened was… I took our puppy to the Vet and I was the only one present there at that morning hour. Three kids, aged around 10-11 years old, came there with a shoe box. I saw inside it to find one day old two street puppies. They had washed away in the previous night’s heavy rains and reached to these kids somehow. Those puppies were newly born. They were of my palm size and hadn’t opened their eyes yet. Anybody would have felt compassionate after seeing such a thing with life in it.

Well, my husband and I volunteered to take those puppies home and give them to some NGO where they can be put up for adoption. Once I got them home, my own puppy (by the way his name is Gollum, now you will be able to guess why he behaves weirdly sometimes :P), started to attack them. Somehow we passed a day and took those puppies back to the vet because the NGO we talked to could not take the puppies before the next 4-5 days. The Vet, too, showed inability to keep them. We were in great confusion. Now what?

But help always come from the least expected place. To our great surprise there was another person at the vet who had brought his German Shepherd bitch for post delivery treatment. That bitch had delivered five puppies a few days ago and all of them had died during delivery. She was miserably depressed. Vet suggested the best way to treat her without any medication is to give her those puppies and see if she accepts them. This activity will naturally release all the hormones in her and the puppies will also get mother’s milk.

This was a miracle. We gave those puppies to this man and not only his bitch accepted them but started feeding them as well. We couldn’t believe it. These dramatic unfolding of events left us speechless. We all were just looking at one another and kept smiling. I think we continued to smile that whole day, I am sure we all did because I know I couldn’t stop thinking and smiling about it. No one can know nature’s ways of healing. It was as if we were watching a Bollywood movie. Now I know Bollywood does have incidences picked up from real life. I wish a very healthy life to this lovely mum and the babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment