Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sherlock Holmes : A Game of Shadows


Has Robert Downey Jr. grown old since the first Sherlock Holmes? Well…I felt so, however, he was as stunning and mysterious as always. The movie once again takes you to your childhood; it surely took me to the days we used to borrow such books from school library. But somehow Rajinikanth kept on flashing in front of my eyes during action scenes. I wish I could calculate that much before a fight even starts and on top of it if my foes too could think like that and we would finish a fight in our thoughts than in reality. This has a deeper meaning too. It proves that thoughts have frequencies and that is what manifested in the reality.

Anyway, back to the movie…I am so fascinated and attached to the British style and accent of English. Splendid! I can watch this movie over and over again just for that reason. But the first film was far much better in understanding of the characters than this is.

I also have no clue why there can’t be some people in a gun factory, no guards and the huge cannons just lying there as if it is a scrap yard. But hey, shouldn’t I have habit watching a movie with lots of loose ends as I belong to group of Bollywood watchers!

I wanted Sherlock Holmes to be a detective not a super hero, I already have a few to count on like Spiderman, Batman and Rajinikanth. They all are capable of saving the whole world. I just want Sherlock to solve criminal or murder mysteries.

However, the movie has its own pace and it is worth watching a couple of times. It has a funny angel too. GO, give it a shot, feels like an oasis after blunders like RA One.

No comments:

Post a Comment