Sunday, January 29, 2012

Restart – The Indian Way of Resolving Probs

This weekend I made a revelation. I came to know that I'm an Indian by heart, mind and soul. And what helped me realise this, is my laptop. Yes, I love my laptop and it works fine...most of the time. And when it is not working or connecting to the internet or slow or stuck…what I do? No points for guessing… I RESTART it. Usually it works after restarting once, however there have been times when I've to do it twice…or thrice…not more than that…because then I just quit trying.

So why am I boring a small of amount of visitors of my blog by all this…BECAUSE I want all of you to give a thought to it, isn’t this the way we all operate in our day-to-day lives? By words like ”us” & “me” I mean Indians. We all make things work by JUGAAD. By the way, in case if you are not familiar with this word, let me have the privilege to introduce its meaning to you. Jugaad means a locally made solution, basically for machines around us.

This mechanics is a proof of creative minds. We think all the way...in a full circle around the problem. And this creativity is all acquired and then inherited due to the Indian circumstances of lack, less-facilitated backgrounds and a whole system of deficiency in the society. Whereas our developed counterparts don't enjoy this mind frame as they have all the facilities given to them, all the technologies in hand, adequacy in all senses.

It is very Indian, very desi, very apna. So here is for all the Jugaad minds… Keep It Up because “necessity is the mother of invention”. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. That's why desis can survive/thrive anywhere. Jugaad mindset helps us get things done and that's what matters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete