Friday, March 23, 2012

The cloth-clip story


I had been wondering from many days how to reach to the ropes tied in my flat’s balcony to put my clothes to dry. They are two high and every time I’ve to use the only plastic chair in my house to reach to these ropes.

I, sometimes, tried pulling them down through a cloth hanger but as soon as I left the hanger to put the cloth on, the rope went back to its position. It has been weeks that I am questioning what to do with this situation? The only plastic chair is a solution but it belongs to my mother-in-law and she doesn’t like anybody putting his/her dirty feet on it. I do not want to spend money in buying a new stool or chair.  Plus, buying another plastic chair is as tough as a gladiator’s fight. We don’t own a four-wheeler, so I alone cannot buy and bring it home on my two-wheeler. My husband has Sunday as his weekly off and loves to spend it on the couch, watching TV. He is never interested in going out that day and buy something as silly as a chair or stool.

But, amazingly an idea poped in my mind a few days back. I haven’t had any creative ideas since my marriage (that period is by the way a year and a half). I hung the cloth clips with waste wire pieces on these ropes. These were very thin wires and fortunately there were holes in the clips already. Awesome, now I just hang the clothes with these clips and hurray no more jumping around or getting on and off the chair. 

Can you imagine the relief I got? And it saves me a lot of time every day.

1 comment: